Thursday, April 20, 2006

York slides - as promised

Well I'm back from the symposium in York. All the talks were a very high standard as you'd expect as the 12 speakers were chosen from all third year organic postgraduates that were nominated from at least 6 leading UK universities (Nottingham, Sheffield, Leeds, York, Durham and Manchester). I was up first and it turned out that my talk was very different to most of the other talks - 9 of the 12 speakers talked about total syntheses. Mine was the only talk including substantial aromatic chemistry and materials chemistry. As with my 2nd year talk last May I got the feeling that noone there really understood much of the materials side of my work so the questions were basic and brief. Anyway - as promised, here are my slides from the day.

Oh - and if any of you have got a phone that runs Windows Mobile I can recommend the ClearVue suite - it acts as a viewer for office and pdf files - so I was able to go through my slides using my phone on the train down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home