Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Welcome to Kiran's OLEDs

Welcome to my second blog. Whilst the first (Kiran's Musings) is about me and my interests, this one is going to be based firmly on my research at the Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, UK. I used to carry the faint hope that I would design a website about my work back when such things could win big prizes in academia. Now that those kinds of sites are plentiful (and most of the prize money has gone) I think a blog format works best. Over the next few days I'll give an introduction to organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) and the work I've been undertaking since I joined the Bryce group in January 2003 as an undergraduate project student right up to (hopefully) my thesis submission and beyond.

Today, our student chemical society held a lecture given by Prof. Sir Richard Friend from Cambridge entitled "Plastic Electronics". Although it was only a very basic overview, it was still fascinating and much easier to understand than his physics-based lecture from Fpi6 in Ithaca. The lecture theatre was about full and many Engineers and Physicists made the trip over to hear the talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home